CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia is delighted to present the five emerging artists selected as part of the European FUTURES programme and the activities to be held therein throughout 2019. The artists selected by Walter Guadagnini, director of the Turinese institute, and by Giangavino Pazzola, programme coordinator, together with a group of international experts are: Domenico Camarda (La Spezia, 1990), Francesca Catastini (Lucca, 1982), Paolo Ciregia (Viareggio, 1987), Irene Fenara (Bologna, 1990), Giaime Meloni (Cagliari, 1984).
The five artists selected will be involved in activities of exhibition, training and networking on both a national and international level, on the basis of a detailed programme, full of moments of reflection and comparison with artists, curators, gallerists and collectors.
THE 2019 CAMERA PROGRAMME
The calendar of activities includes:
- lectio magistralis by Adam Broomberg at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia; workshop with Adam Broomberg from the duo of artists Broomberg&Chanarin, and a meeting with national and international curators at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia;
- lectio magistralis by Joan Fontcuberta at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia;
- five study grants for a module of the Summer Masterclass in Visual Storytelling that the ICP – International Center of Photography in New York will hold at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia;
- participation in Unseen Amsterdam, with activities of an exhibitive, training and relational nature;
- lectio magistralis with an international artist at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia (to be defined);
- workshop with international artist and a meeting with national and international curators at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia (to be defined);
- site-specific exhibition activities at CAMERA – Centro Italiano per la Fotografia (to be defined).
FUTURES (EPP – European Photography Platform) is a platform supported by the European Union focusing on the mapping and support of emerging artists with a view to increasing scope for contact between them and the market. As well as CAMERA, the partners of FUTURES are the UNSEEN Foundation (Amsterdam), FOMU Fotomuseum (Antwerp), PhotoEspaña (Madrid), British Journal of Photography (London), Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center (Budapest), Foundation of Visual Education (Lodz), Photo Romania Festival (Cluj), Photo Ireland Foundation (Dublin), Festival d’Hyeres (Hyeres), Triennale der Photographie (Hamburg) and the Calvert Journal (London).
FUTURES is co-financed by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.